This executive order is designed to do two key things: first, to undo the Obama administration’s significant achievements in climate policy — appealing to the minority of Americans who share President Trump’s view that climate change is a “hoax” and agree with his budget chief’s pronouncement that it is a “waste of your money.” And second, to prop up the oil, gas, and coal industries at the expense of not only climate change mitigation but also clean air, water, and land, and wildlife and natural resources.
Some of the highlights from the order include:
• Revoking several Obama executive orders and memos related to his signature climate action plan
• Instructing all agencies to initiate the process of identifying and rescinding any rules or policies implementing the climate action plan
• Instructing the Environmental Protection Agency to begin the process of unraveling the Clean Power Plan, which set standards for reducing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants
• Instructing the Department of Interior to begin the process of unraveling commonsense rules for oil and gas extraction on federal land, including national parks
• Lifting a moratorium on new coal leasing on federal lands (existing leases were not affected) while the government assessed environmental and economic issues associated with the leasing program
+Info and Source: https://goo.gl/ahVF4z